Tuesday 11 September 2012

JUST WORDS

Hi everyone. I am still having heaps of problems trying to work out how to upload photos on here so I have decided to keep blogging without the photos until I can solve the dilemma.

The past month I have been so blessed by a few people giving me some beautiful things.   On Saturday I attended my regular Sit 'n" Sew day with my quilting group and one of my lovely friends presented me with a shoe box full of wooden cotton reels, some vintage needle packets and other precious things. I was so touched because I really love sewing  notions from the past. Wooden cotton reels were discontinued in the 1970's. There are so many shapes , sizes and different timbers.  They are proudly displayed on my thimble rack. Which reminds me--- when my daughter returned from a holiday in California she presented me with some thimbles. A lovely glass one with Mickey Mouse on the top from Disneyland, one from Madame Tousseau's , a couple from San Francisco, another from Hollywood and a gorgeous one with a panda on the top from the zoo.  I was also given a thimble from my mum's neighbour- a beautiful blue and white Delph one from Holland. Spoilt huh?

I was also lucky to receive a patchwork book from Cheryl who is a lovely lady I have known  from a craft forum ( which most of you also belong to).  Then, today I returned home to find a parcel awaiting me from Barb.  What did I find? A yummy cat fabric and some purple toned DMC threads along with a cute owl pad.  She knows I love purple, cats and owls. What better surprise than that!

What have I been stitching? Currently I am stitching "The Wish Quilt", a freebie from Red Brolly. I have completed 3 of the stitcheries and am about to start another this evening. Well, that is the plan. Meanwhile I have made a couple more blocks for The Farmer's Wife quilt, and have been frantically basting more hexies to put the first 2 borders on the Insanity Quilt .

I just peeked inside my box of completed stitcheries awaiting piecing. There lays Brutus , A Gardener's Journal, 2 pin cushions , some cat stitcheries and "Breast of Friends" applique blocks. All these just need piecing, apart from the BOF  which needs more blocks made. I did find 2 fabrics today for Brutus, so maybe I shall get that one completed soon. I still have a bit more applique to do on Henrietta Whiskers.

Sorry for not having photos for you to see. I am still hoping to solve the problem.

Meanwhile, many angel blessings.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the surprise :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am saving the Wish Quilt for later! It looks gorgeous, but as I have a few uncompleted objects requiring my attention, later will suffice. Am thinking next year will be 'my year' of finishing projects ... such as Farmers Wife, and a few others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ondrea -You have received some lovely gifts. Looking forward to seeing some photos 'cause I know you do lovely work. The "wish quilt'has been given to "ron"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ondrea :-)
    May I suggest you download Windows Live Writer. It is a little extra program where you can do your blogging posts offline (if you so choose) and upload when you are done. I have used it for years and I like it very much.
    I want to see your photos! smiles from Norway

    ReplyDelete