Friday 4 January 2013

HAPPY NEW STITCHING YEAR

With this New Year comes my determination to complete the projects I started in 2012 and earlier. I have a box full of completed stitcheries for different quilts to be put together so I hope to stick to my plan . Ofcourse, that doesn't mean that I won't start new projects.

First up are the 2 Anni Downes'' pincushion kits that I have had on my "to do" list. I finished them last night.



Then there is the LAST Wish Quilt block. I just need to make a heap of checkerboards and some appliqued hearts  to piece all the blocks together.




I have completed a few more stitcheries for the "In Full Bloom" quilt.




Sorry! Not ironed.

My gorgeous stepson had Army leave over Christmas and New Year and travelled around Victoria while down here. He remembered that I collect thimbles and bought me one from the Great Ocean Road, 



You probably know that I am an avid reader . I particularly love reading and learning lots about  WW1 and WW11. I have a fascination about the contribution that women made medically, volunteering and at home, most of which I have never known as it was never taught when I was at school and still isn't.   It is rather shameful that so many women remained unrecognised for their bravery and loyalty . My lovely hubby gave me 4 books for Christmas entirely on this subject.



Looks like I am not short of reading material this month. Hope I have time for stitching!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that the New Year brings an abundance of all great things.

Angel Blessings.
.


2 comments:

  1. Some lovely work there Ondrea.
    And great to have a lot of reading material too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are off to a good start for 2013.

    ReplyDelete