Thursday 1 January 2015

NEW YEAR STITCHING



HAPPY NEW YEAR!  I know this post probably comes up as 31st December, but it is actually 1sr January 2015. My posts always come up as the day before. I have no idea how to rectify this problem so if you have any ideas please let me know.

First I would like to send many, many very gentle angel hugs to gorgeous Mel who has been quite unwell for the New Year. My healing thoughts are with you.


Today, I am ready to sit down and stitch the borders on my largest little Civil War quilt. As mentioned before, I have nearly completed 3 at the same time.  Here is the one I am stitching this afternoon.





The first border is on this one .


 
 
 
I have sewn the first border on this one but do not have any suitable fabric for the outer border. Oh dear! I need to go shopping. but the quilt shop that stocks my 1800's repro fabrics isn't open for another few days.
 
 


 
 
 
 
I think I am addicted to hand piecing these quilts because I have already made up templates for the next 2 little quilts. So many finishes to do yet I am still making new things.
 
The first mail after Christmas these 3 beautiful angels descended upon me
 
 
.
 
Thankyou so much Sandy.
 
 
May this new year bring you all an abundance of peace, love, joy and good health topped off with heaps of time for your love of stitching.
 
Angel Blessings.

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Dear Ondrea.....love all of your tops and those angels are gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Angels. Lovely work on the mimi quilts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year my friend and your quilts are beautiful oh I love those Angels.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you !!
    You are starting well with 3 quilts in one time !!
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Ondrea. I love your little angels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year to you to Ondrea. Your quilt tops are beautiful as are that trio of sweet Angels x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some lovely finishes about to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt tops are lovely...love the angels!!
    Happy New Year to you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete