Monday 9 March 2015

KEEPING UP

 It is March already and and I seem to be keeping up to date with BOMs and swaps. Today I stitched the 3rd block of Jenny's BOM. ( see side bar for the link).





I also completed the first FHFS project which isn't due until the end of April but I need to start the 2nd one due mid year as I won't be able to do it around that time. Some exciting adventure is afoot that I may tell you about some time.  So, here is a peek of the FHFS which is the theme of hexies.


 
 
 
I'm not telling you how big, how small or what it actually is. It could be teeny tiny or humongous! Hehehehe.
 
This afternoon I started a new little freebie stitchery from Gail Pan. Gotta love that girl! I was lucky enough to catch up with her again the first Saturday of the month in Traralgon at a Vic Quilters Gathering. She has some very exciting things happening this year which I was honoured to have a sneak peek of.
 
 
 
 
It was a day of stitching today at one of my patchwork groups and I was soooooo thrilled to have this handsome fella given to me. Lauren is the daughter of a lovely quilty friend and she makes awesome 3D origami . I saw her making something a while ago and asked if she could make an owl. Thinking nothing more of it I was quite surprised when Rita presented him to me. So many hours of folding littler bits of paper to interlock together. He even has a blingy tail! He feels quite solid . AMAZING!
 
 

 
 
 
 
Hmmm, I wonder what his name shall be.
 
Angel Blessings
  

11 comments:

  1. Love your hexie surprise project and that owl is just soooo you! Mmmm I'm not very good at choosing names so will leave it up to you to give her a name? :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hexies look like they are coming along beautifully. Very nice stitching there too. Your owl friend is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh I like the look of your hexies..... I wonder where they are going... that origami is amazing....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ondrea,boy you sure have been busy ,hmm i wonder what your hexie piece is,it looks very nice,well done on all your projects they are all gorgeous as usual and your friend made a lovely owl.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the purple hexies Ondrea....can't wait to see the finished article! Your stitcheries are lovely too...you are busy there!! Ooooohhh an exciting adventure......sitting on the edge of my chair!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving all your stitching projects...
    that owl is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all your projects....Hexies are looking so good xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's a very pretty purple project Ondrea... well done on continuing to keep up with all your QALs & SALs & all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stitchery projects are lovely Ondrea. Love the hexies too. Of course now I want to know how big they are and what you are making with them.... it's cruel to tease you know....;o) Crikey... that owl is amazing. Must have taken your friend ages to make....xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This owl is awesome !!
    I love Gail's stitchery too … Hope to stitch it soon !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at you go!! Love Jenny's block, and the pretty hexagons. I downloaded Gail's design [LOVE IT] but I'm not sure when I'll get started! That owl is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete