Saturday 8 April 2017

STITCHING PROGRESS AND GIFTS



 On my mission to complete some UFOs I have come up against a couple of obstacles. With all my fabric stash why oh why can I not find a suitable choice for sashings? I either have the wrong shade of a colour or not enough in the colour I like. After much auditioning and musing with a stitching friend I have decided I need to go fabric shopping. Oh dear! How sad! LOL Looks like that particular UFO is temporarily on hold.  However, I did find a suitable fabric to back and bind my hexie table mat I am making from the Rosalie Q BOM stitcheries.


 
 
I have traced and selected threads  (as well as fabric that I did have in my stash...enough of it too!) to stitch this beautiful free design from Jenny. I am stitching the design twice to put at each end of a table runner. I am also planning thread and fabric colours to stitch Jenny's March stitchery club collection of designs which are beautiful. I shall probably have a pic of that soon. 
 
 
 
 
Last weekend was my big 0 birthday and I received a beautiful gift from dear Barb . The most gorgeous little stitchery and yummy choccie were wrapped in a lovely Leannette Anderson fabric. Thankyou so much Barb. I love my pressies.
 
 
 
 
Unfortunately, I forgot to take a pic of the framed stitchery I made for Barb's birthday. Hopefully Barb will send me a copy if I am really nice to her. 
 
Thanks again for stopping by.
 
Angel Blessings

 
 



8 comments:

  1. Hi Ondrea oh I am sorry I didn't realise you were having an O birthday ,I would've made something for you.
    I hope you had a lovely birthday and I love what Barb sent to you.
    Your RQ hexies look fantastic,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Shez said....happy special birthday Ondrea xxx
    I love your hexies and what a pity you need to fabric shop lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo I hope you can cope with having to go fabric shopping!!! Funny I seem to have the same problem from time to time!! Lol!!. Your stitcheries are beautiful and that is a special present from Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I love your stitcheries! I need to get my Rosalie BOM back out and get working on it. Good idea to do a table runner, if I wait to get through all of those to make a quilt I'll be an old old woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching on your hexies and I hope you had a great 0 birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your hexies beautifully stitched. Happy birthday hope you had a very special day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh - 0 - a special birthday... Sending you big hugs & warm wishes for that... I remember being 30 too, LOL xx

    Beautiful stitching xx

    ReplyDelete