Sunday 3 September 2017

IT'S SEPTEMBER!



                                         I love displaying my little mini quilts each new month.

 
 
OPAM sneaked up on me for August and I haven't completed any projects.
 
 
 
 
I have finished another book though. It is translated from Spanish and its fictitious characters are based on the true account of Jewish refugees fleeing to Cuba on the SS St Louis.
 
 
 
 
I finished another little birdie which is one of Jenny's designs. Her latest free BOM is now available to print up so I shall be heading on over there soon.
 
 
 
 
I am currently doing the 4th round on the crocheted granny squares using all my left over yarns from the blanket I crocheted. I love looking at the stacks of colour.
 
 
 
 
 
Now, back to Cornwall.
 
 
On the 23rd June, 2015 we rose at 9.00am ,( a lovely sleep- in compared to what we usually had on our travels),and caught the 10-46am train to St Ives. It was a lovely trip but we were so caught up chatting to people that we didn't get off at St Ives. By the time we realised ,the train was heading back to Penzance. So, we just stayed aboard and re did the journey. It was a beautiful sunny day so different to the cold and drizzly day we had on our arrival.  We had lunch at a café where my daughter found a caterpillar in her salad . Fortunately, it wasn't half a caterpillar . A bit of a worry as we are both vegetarians hehehe. I remember that the sun was quite hot as we sat outdoors.
 
I took photos from the train. I think these were tidal flats.
 
 
 
 
I loved the stacked stones, pebbles and smooth rocks that were on the beach.
 
 
 
 
I couldn't resist taking a pic of the sea gull perched on the church cross. Perfect photo.
 
 
More views.
 





 
 
There's something about Cornwall that I love. That was our last day there and I wish I could have explored more but the next day we had to return the car to Cardiff and catch a train to London. London was awesome! But that can wait until next time. Thank you so much for visiting.
 
Angel Blessings. 
 
 
 
 
    
 
 



5 comments:

  1. Hi Ondrea,oh dear glad you didnt find only half a caterpillar that would thrown your veetarian eating out the window,lol.
    Wow love your work you sure have been busy my friend,well done.
    Oh i love the pics of Cornwall ,it looks a very cold place,thankyou for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful spot...love your mini❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your spring mini quilt. Where did you get your lovely frame for it? Keep those holiday snaps coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling little mini quilt Ondrea... and great progress on your pretty crochet... thanks for the little holiday while I looked at your snaps there!
    x

    ReplyDelete